1. Our Policy
2. What Information Is Collected?
When you interact with our Services, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you ("Personal Data").
Personal Data You Give Us. When you sign up for or use the Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address. You may also have elected to give us access to your contacts.
We may also collect non-Personal Data, such as your time zone or language.
Automatically Collected Data: When you use the Service, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
LC data: Information ("log data") that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
3. How Is Such Information Used?
We use the Personal Data we collect, as described above:
- To authenticate users, provide the Services, process transactions and respond to your requests. If you give us access to your contacts, we'll store those contacts on our servers for you to use. This will make it easy for you to do things like share send emails, and invite others to use the Services. For users located within the EU, this use is necessary to perform the contract with you.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To customize the user experience.
- To better understand how visitors interact with our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our Site, network and information systems secure.
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
- To provide communications by post which we think will be of interest to you.
If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- To conduct research on user demographics, interests and behavior based on your Personal Data and other information provided to us in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users. We compile and analyze this research on an aggregated basis, and may share this aggregated data with our partners. This data does not identify you personally.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. Where required by law, we will only send you marketing communications if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
4. Is The Information Shared or Disclosed?
LC is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third Party Applications and Services: If you elect to use one or more third party applications that interoperate with LC's services, those applications may upon your election be given access to data (which may include personal data) on LC's systems generated in connection with your use of LC's services. Please remember that LC is not responsible for the policies and practices of third party application providers, and LC shall have no liability arising from any action of any such provider as it concerns your data or information or otherwise. In connection with your use of any such third party applications, please review carefully the applicable privacy policies each such third party application provider to become familiar with their policies and practices as it concerns your data and information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of a service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
- Legal Requirements and Other Circumstances: LC may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with a legal obligation; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of LC; (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the LC website or services or the public; or (iv) protect against legal liability.
In the event that you have volunteered Personal Data, you may correct or amend that information by editing your account profile or emailing us at email@example.com.
6. The Security of Your Information
We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LC does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. LC is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13. Any person who provides their information to LC represents to us that they are 13 years of age or older. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to LC through this website, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. Data Retention
9. Wyoming Privacy Disclosures
If you would like to request information about third parties that collect Personal Data on our site for direct marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. International Data Transfers
11. Forums and Comments
If you post comments on this website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit can be read, collected and used by other users of this website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. LC is not responsible for any Personal Data you choose to submit in that context or anything arising from such submissions.
12. Links to Other Sites
15. LC Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use Policy is governed by our Terms of Service. Our Terms of Service take precedence over any conflicting Acceptable Use Policy provision. BY USING THE SERVICES OR THE LC WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES. LC may in its sole discretion determine whether you are in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy. The Services may be used only for lawful purposes and may not be used for any illegal activities. Using the Services in an illegal, abusive or otherwise inappropriate manner that interferes with or diminishes others' use and enjoyment of the Services is prohibited. The following list gives examples of illegal, abusive, interfering, unacceptable or otherwise inappropriate behavior while using the Services. This list is provided by way of example and shall not be considered exhaustive.
- Adversely impacting the availability, reliability or stability of LC's Services.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of LC's Services.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to LC, to any user of our Services, to any of our respective customers or to their customers.
- Testing or reverse-engineering the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities.
- Using the Services in any manner that may subject LC or any third party to liability, damages or danger.
- Using the Services in any manner that violates any applicable third party policies or requirements that LC has communicated to the customer.
- Engaging in fraud with respect to your account.
- Using your account to engage in fraudulent activity with respect to third parties.
- Using any of the LC Properties or LC Marks other than as expressly permitted in the Terms of Service.
- Transmitting any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright or rights of publicity or otherwise violating, infringing or misappropriating the rights of any third party.
- Promoting or engaging in illegal activities.
- Engaging in activities or transmitting through the Services any information that may be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others from LC's website without their express consent.
- Interfering with or disrupting networks connected to the Services or violating the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Using the Services, or a component of the Services, in a manner not authorized by LC.
Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account, civil and/or criminal liability, and LC may, in addition to any remedy that it may have at law or in equity, terminate permission for you to use the Services. In such event, you are still liable for any and all outstanding charges accumulated through your use of the Services, including uses in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or the laws of any jurisdiction. In addition, LC may investigate incidents that are contrary to this Acceptable Use Policy and provide requested information to third parties who have provided notice to LC stating that they have been harmed by your failure to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy. LC's failure to enforce this policy in each and every instance in which it might have application does not amount to a waiver of LC's rights hereunder.
16. Contacting LetterCarrier
Last Updated April 25th, 2020